Children Available for Adoption in China
- Boys and Girls available, 3 months-12 years of age. (Infant boys are immediately available)
- Most of the children over 5 years old have already received their surgeries.
- 2 children can be adopted together
- Wide range of conditions
Recently Home from China
China Waiting Child Adoption Procedure
- Speak with EAC Specialist (1.866.586.5656)
- Complete EAC Application
- Sign and submit EAC International Adoption Services Agreement & Fee
- Participate in twelve hours required Hague training
- Complete foreign dossier, to include, but not limited to:
- Home Study
- Certified Marriage Certificate
- Medical Statement
- Photos of Family/Home
- USCIS Approval to Adopt
- File submitted to CCCWA (China Center for Children’s Welfare and Adoption)
- CCCWA approves application and provides match with a specific child
- Official referral and acceptance documents signed
- Submit 1-800 for Provisional approval
- Parents will travel to China in groups with Uncle Zhou for one trip of approximately 10-14 days to meet and spend time with the children
- Adoption Decree issued
- New birth certificate and China passport issued
- S. Embassy issues travel visa
- Families return home!
Travel Requirements for a China Adoption
- One trip (2 weeks) travel with Mr. Zhou and other EAC families to China
- One parent can travel with Power of Attorney
Travel to China: After EAC receives a Travel Approval Notice (TA) from CCCWA, we will request an Embassy appointment and begin making travel arrangements. Prospective parents must have this travel approval in hand before departing for China to finalize the adoption. Chris, Karla, and Zhou will prepare you for your trip. Families travel in groups, and often form new extended EAC families. Families meet Uncle Zhou in Beijing, go sight-seeing and prepare for meeting your child for the first time!
What 2 weeks in China looks like?
Time Frame for a China Adoption
- Homestudy and CIS – 3-4 months.
- Referral for girls 18-24 months after dossier has been sent to CCCWA.
- Referral for boys 0-3 months after dossier has been sent to CCCWA.
- Travel 4-6 months after referral.
China Central Authority
The China Centre of Adoption Affairs (CCCWA)
Because China is party to the Hague Convention, adopting from China must follow a specific process designed to meet the Convention’s requirements. A brief summary of the Convention adoption process is given below. You must complete these steps in the following order so that your adoption meets all necessary legal requirements.
- Choose an Accredited Adoption Service Provider
- Apply to USCIS to be Found Eligible to Adopt (I-800A)
- Be Matched with a Child
- Apply to USCIS for the Child to be Found Eligible for Immigration to the United States (I-800)
- Adopt the Child in China
- Bring your Child Home
Post Adoptive Requirements
Post Adoptive Requirements for a China Adoption
- All families must submit post-adoptive reports monthly to EAC. Social worker visits must be done at 6 months, 12 months, 24 months, 36 months, 48 months, 60 months, after the completion of adoption.