EAC is working in cooperation with IBESR – Institut du Bien-Etre Social et de Recherches to complete adoptions from Haiti. You will want to stay updated with our Haiti program as it is an unique program with minimum referrals.
Missions Trip for Humanitarian Work in Haiti Coming Soon! For additional information contact Tina at email@example.com or at 1-419-250-0748. Invite your church or organization to be part of the EAC mission work in Haiti!
Children Available for Adoption in Haiti
– Children ages 3 months and up are in urgent need of permanent, loving families.
Most of the children have no permanent health or developmental concerns, but we need
families for children with special needs as well.
Recently Home from Haiti
Travel Requirements for a Haiti Adoption
– Families will have 2 trips to Haiti
– 1st trip, 2 week bonding period
– 2nd trip, 3-4 days
– Families will be picked up at Port-au-Prince airport by English speaking staff.
– First trip – they will travel to the creche (orphanage), which are licensed by the Central Authority (IBESR)
where they will be able to meet and bond with their child.
– Second trip – the adoption will be completed by the attorney and the family will be able to bring their child home.
If you have a legal relative in Haiti who you would like to adopt, EAC can assist you in making it happen. EAC is Hague Accredited and approved by IBESR to assist families in completing adoption from Haiti. Contact EAC to learn more about the requirements to adopt a relative from Haiti. Your personal consultant holds your hand and helps you through the process.
• Applicants will have to establish the alleged relationship with an
immediate family or in law by providing birth certificates, wedding
certificates) in order to be eligible to complete a relative adoption.
• Submission of dossier by an accredited agency to IBESR .
• The child dossier will be then submiited later to IBESR for study and
• The biological parents will go first to IBESR for a training session on
adoption and later sign the relinquishment document before the
• IBESR will issue the official matching letter so the parents can accept.
• Once IBESR issues the adoption authorization the dossier will go to
court for the judgement.
• Adoption certificate is received
• Documents are authenticated
• Passport and Embassy (Visa) Procedure is initiated
• The child does not have to be in a creche.
• The parent(s) can be over 50 if they are adopting the child of their
spouse or in case of a relative adoption. They also have to be nine (9)
years older than the child they wish to adopt.
• Families may have any number of biological and adopted children
in the home, but must provide financials to support and care for the
addition of the child/ren being adopted.
• Parents must be married or living together for at least 5 years.
• No criminal records.