Travel Requirements for a Haiti Adoption
– Families will have 2 trips to Haiti
– 1st trip, 2 week bonding period
– 2nd trip, 3-4 days
– Families will be picked up at Port-au-Prince airport by English speaking staff.
– First trip – they will travel to the creche (orphanage), which are licensed by the Central Authority (IBESR)
where they will be able to meet and bond with their child.
– Second trip – the adoption will be completed by the attorney and the family will be able to bring their child home.
If you have a legal relative in Haiti who you would like to adopt, EAC can assist you in making it happen. EAC is Hague Accredited and approved by IBESR to assist families in completing adoption from Haiti. Contact EAC to learn more about the requirements to adopt a relative from Haiti. Your personal consultant holds your hand and helps you through the process.
• Applicants will have to establish the alleged relationship with an immediate family or in law by providing birth certificates, wedding certificates in order to be eligible to complete a relative adoption.
• Submission of US family’s dossier by an accredited agency to IBESR.
• The child (relative) dossier will be then submitted later to IBESR for study and approval.
• The biological parents will go first to IBESR for a training session on adoption and later sign the relinquishment document before the Children’s Judge.
• IBESR will issue the official matching letter so the parents can accept their relative.
• The dossier will go to court for the judgement.
• Adoption certificate is received.
• Passport and Embassy (Visa) Procedure is completed.
• The child does not have to be in a creche.
• The parent(s) can be over 50 if they are adopting the child of their spouse or in case of a relative adoption. They also have to be nine (9) years older than the child they wish to adopt.
• Families may have any number of biological and adopted children in the home, but must provide financials to support and care for the addition of the child/ren being adopted.
• Parents must be married or living together for at least 5 years.
• No criminal records.
***We are also assisting in Non-Haiti-Relative Adoptions!***